Saturday, October 27, 2007

Military Trubute

Note: Although this is posted on a political blog this following post will have no political over or undertone. Our troops should not be used as weapons in the political arena and I will not do that here. Thank you for your time.


Today at the Texas A&M football game the team's performance was not the first thing on my mind when I left the game. Being a historic military school A&M respects and honors the troops regularly but tonight I feel that the Spirit of Aggieland was in full force 100% behind the troops and veterans of the armed forces. Before the game Mark Dodge was presented with the Pat Tillman Patriot Award. I personally hold both Dodge and Tillman to the highest level of respect as well as all members and former members of the Service.

At half time a special tribute to the veterans of World War II was played and present veterans were asked to stand. The nearly 85000 in attendance then burst into what seemed like a never ending standing ovation.

After the band played President George H W Bush and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates along with Ed Davis, the president of Texas A&M, joined 1st Lt. Dan Moran on Kyle Field. Moran, a former Aggie cadet, served in the Marines in Iraq when in 2006 he was injured by an IED. He suffered burns on over half of his body. Tonight Moran stood at attention, proudly, in his dress uniform as the stadium roared in support of his sacrifices. Moran was awarded a special Navy Commendation with “V” device for valor. I truly am without words at this point so I will leave you with this, please stop what you are doing right now and pray with me. If you do not pray use the following as a template:

Lord, we come to you with our hearts open. We ask you right now to look over our troops and veterans. These men and women have given a great sacrifice for me and I ask you to please look over them. To wounded troops and those who struggle with post war trauma, Lord I ask you to place Your Almighty healing hand on them and deliver them to wellness. And Lord I ask of you to be with the families of the troops. They often sacrifice just as much in support for their loved ones. Lord I thank you for sending such brave and honorable people to this earth. We pray to you Lord in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Remember the troops and their sacrifices daily. Thank you for reading and praying with me. God bless America.

No comments: