Thursday, January 10, 2008

Huckabee Prevails in FoxNews Debate

After a rocky start, brought on by a rehersed attack by Fred Thompson, Mike Huckabee surged to win the debate.

The $1,000,000 goal was pasted just after the debate ended. Please browse my past posts while you wait for further recap of the debate.

Fox News tries to pin Huckabee down see the question and response below:

Fox News: Gov. Huckabee, you signed an agreement with the southern baptist convention that you believed that wives should submit to their husbands. Do you really think with that view that you should be President?

Mike Huckabee: You know, I really love that religion is not allowed in the discussion, except when it comes to me, but sure I’ll answer your question. First of all, that is my belief as a Christian. I believe the Bible teaches us the greatest picture of what it is to love in the picture of marriage. It is not a matter of the husband giving 50% and the wife giving 50%, it is about each giving 100% to the other. The submission issue is a picture of both submitting to the Lord … that is my personal belief and I stand by that unashamedly. However, I didn’t impose my beliefs on anyone as Governor and I won’t as President. Oh, and by the way, if anyone thinks my lovely wife Janet just sits back and lets me do anything I want, then they don’t know my wife … our marriage is a partnership.

Ephesians 5:21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

The passage goes on to tell how the wife should submit to the man. The submission is not one of servitude but a commitment to marriage which is a holy union invented and blessed by God.

Further more Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

Should we interpret this as a sexist remark that all men should die?

This is a passage about love and commitment please do not turn it into a passage about hate and inequity

God Bless America and Pray for Mike Huckabee

1 comment:

sondjata said...

http://garveys-ghost.blogspot.com/2008/01/bible-lesson-for-huckabee.html